The first hard drive specifically designed for NAS systems home and small office.
NASware: the advanced technology built-in into the firmware of WD Red allows trouble-free integration, a robust data protection and optimal performance for operating systems and RAID and NAS environments.
Reduce your electricity bills and environmental impact with WD Red. Innovative technology reduces power consumption and operating temperature, resulting in a more reliable and affordable solution for NAS environments that operate 24x7.
3D Active Balance Plus.
Our improved technology control dual plane balancing significantly improves the general performance and reliability of the disk. Hard drives who are not properly balanced can cause excessive vibration and noise, reducing wheel life and degraded performance over time.
The secret is in the technology.
NASware unique technology improves the performance of NAS storage by eliminating the typical problems of hard drives in NAS environments related to compatibility, integration, upgrade, reliability and cost of ownership that you might experience with a hard drive designed for desktop computers.
NAS systems are always running, so a disk that is reliable is paramount. With an improvement in the MTBF of 35% on standard disks for desktop computers, the WD Red is designed and manufactured to be a reliable and solid.
Mayor warranty coverage.
The Red WD is backed with a 3 year limited warranty for your peace of mind.
- Device Type: Hard drive - internal
- Capacity: 2 TB
- Form Factor: 3.5 "x 1/3H
- Interface: Serial ATA-600
- Buffer Size: 64 MB
- Features: IntelliPower technology, Advanced Format, supports NAS, NASware technology, 3D Active Balance Plus, SMART
- Width: 10.2 cm
- Depth: 14.7 cm
- Height: 2.6 cm
- Weight: 600 g
- Index Drive Transfer Rate: 600 MBps (external)
- Internal Data Rate: 145 Mbps
- MTBF (mean time between failures): 1, 000, 000 hour (s)
- Recoverable Errors: 1 per 10 ^ 14
- Cycle Start / Stop: 600, 000
Expansion and Connectivity
- Interfaces: 1 x Serial ATA-600 - 7 pin Serial ATA
- Compatible Bays: 1 x internal - 3.5 "x 1/3H
- Compliant Standards: RoHS
- Service & Support: 3 years warranty
- Service & Support Details: Limited warranty - 3 years
- Min Operating Temperature: 0 ° C
- Max Operating Temperature: 70 ° C
- Shock Tolerance: 65 g @ 2ms (operating) / 250 g @ 1ms (non-operating)
- Sound Emission: 23 dBA